Thank you for checking out my blog. My name is Lindsay (Lindz) and I am a former world traveler, cooking & baking enthusiast, crochet obsessed country girl living in the Canadian Arctic.
Fun Facts about Me
- I am a twin (this seems to be my go-to answer when you have to play those ‘break the ice’ games telling the group something interesting about yourself)
- I hate oatmeal
- I love potatoes. I am potatoes
- I love iced espresso (my addiction is a well known trait of mine)
- I’ve lived in 4 different provinces/territories in Canada (Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Nunavut)
- Growing up I had an imaginary friend named Corn. She lived in a red brick house by the sea and every day was her birthday
- I used to collect anything that had purple butterflies on it
- I have visited 20 countries and been on over 200 airplanes
- I hate doing the dishes. I have a terrible habit of filling the sink to wash them and then getting distracted and letting the water get cold
The reason I started this blog was to share my interests and passions with like minded people.
I absolutely love crochet. From the moment I realized I could make something I could use or wear from a ball of yarn, I was hooked! (So punny). I love crochet in the way that I love cooking. I can create something amazing from basic supplies that nourishes me and the ones I love. It’s a sharing of knowledge, traditions, and creativity through each recipe or pattern.
I’ve been fortunate in my 30 years of life to have seen many places, tasted many foods, made many things, and now am learning to grow and forage many ingredients. How lucky am I?
So here I am sharing whatever knowledge, traditions, and creativity I can with all of you.